~~~A LITTLE AND A LOT~~~

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Adios!

Well, I haven't posted in a couple of weeks: and now, when I finally do post, it's to say "Adios!"
Tomorrow at 6:50 AM we fly out of Dayton International on our way to Santo Domingo. By the circuitous route of Dayton>Chicago>Miami>Santo Domingo. 7 hour layover in Miami. But Bob and I both enjoy our layovers, so books are packed in the carryons (But people watching os so much fun!)
This trip has gone quickly, and slowly, depending on what we were doing. We've included many things, and yet had time to rest and relax. Hard to believe that it's been almost 2 months since we first saw Yoselin! I will treasure my times with her. Camping with Shan and the kids was so much fun! Brumbaugh farm in the mud with David, Lyndie and Yosi....ahhh, what memories! (and lots of photos...really loving the digital camera now!)
We have been blessed spiritually and financially during this time! Meeting new people, and renewing old friendships has been a delight! The SCORE staff meeting in Chattanooga was a time of encouragement and refreshment!
Our trips are never how we envision them while in the DR...they always turn out so much better! Isn't that just like the LORD though?
So, tomorrow night we will be back home in our own apartment. Please continue to pray for us, as we will do likewise for you!
In HIS name and service,
~~anna~~

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 PM

    oh, i hope you have a good flight! It was really good to see you both and hear updates about your ministry again.

    do you always feel like you are leaving "home" to go "home", whether you are coming here or going back to the DR? or does one place really feel more like home than the other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are in our prayers, as I'm sure you're back in the DR by now. I ditto Dee's comment - it was so good to see you and hear more about what you've been doing.

    Have a great weekend!

    ps. how long does it generally take for you to receive mail from the states??

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~dee, I like you "leaving home to go home". That seems to be true, except that here feels more "home" probably because we have our own apartment here; we are here more, and I am confident that this is where the LORD has placed us for this time in our lives. But I still love going 'home' there, too!
    ~~charity, Our mail is delivered to that Florida address that is on our prayer cards (Ft Pierce). That is the address for Missionary Flights International, which is the agency that brings our mail to the DR. If you ever get a chance, go to their website..what a blessing they are to many! There motto is "Standing in the gap for the missionary!"
    Anyway, so our mail goes to FL, then every two weeks it is flown to the DR. (Our next delivery date is September 30 and then every 2 weeks after that.) Then if we are free, we drive almost 4 hours to get to Santiago to the aiport there. Before we came to the States this time, our mail had been on hold for over 2 months because of our busy schedule!
    Hopefully, that gives you an idea of the time it takes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:33 PM

    ooooooooo, i like the new look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ~d!
    I just love the 'bicycle' pic! I took it at a little set of shops in St Ignace, Michigan, this August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was so excited to get to meet you while you were "home" this time. i am looking forward to keeping in touch with you blogging. we pray God will continually meet your needs in the field!

    love the bicycle pic!

    ReplyDelete