Well, we are back from our family vacation to the upper peninsula of Michigan. Camping on Lake Superior at the Hurricane River National Campground is a family tradition. But Shan hadn't been there in 17 years, and David in about 8. And this time, we had the joy of introducing all three grandkids to this special place.
Sand, large rocks to climb, rock collecting, hikes, touring an old lighthouse, going to Munising to a combination bookshop/coffee shop, reading and viewing the stars (shooting stars and satellites) were among the fun activities. I was glad that my heals were recovered enough that I could make the 1.5 mile hike to the Au Sable lighthouse with Bob, Lyndie and Stephan on Sunday afternoon. I'm glad we did it early in the week, because as the week progressed my heals really became aggravated. Last year at this time, I wouldn't have even been able to attempt it, so I was thrilled.
The entire group took a much longer hike on Wednesday afternoon, So I took Shiloh into the little town of Grand Marais and we toured the Pickle Barrel House....that was a special time for me to have with Shiloh.
We arrived home Saturday night about 10, tired but giddy. Shan left out early Sunday morning to drive back to Lnchburg. We have all three kids. T say we are tired would be putting it mildly. After all the excitement and adventures the boys had last week, they just needed to crash. I now have a new appreciation for $1 DVD's at Walmart. We did get one sort of educational one put out by National Geographic about 2 men who attempt to get as close as possible to sharks without cages for protection. It kept Stephan, Samuel, Bob and Glen entertained for an hour!
Tomorrow, (Tuesday) I drive to Lynchburg with all three grandkids, while Bob stays in Greenville. He'll travel to Columbus on Wednesday to make a presentation at a hospital. I return on Saturday. Sunday we are at a church in Germantown.
THEN its the Great Darke County Fair!!!!! Hope to see you there!
~~~A LITTLE AND A LOT~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment